2012 Bird Island Challenge Paddle/Row Event
July 1, 2012
The Gleason Family YMCA of Wareham, Massachusetts, is now accepting registrations for all types of boats for the 10th Annual Bird Island Challenge on Sunday, August 12. The Challenge begins and ends at Zecco Marine in the Wareham River, and offers a choice of 3 courses in upper Buzzards Bay.
- 3-mile loop to Long Beach Point and back
- 6-mile loop to Great Hill and back
- 12-mile loop to Bird Island and back
- Early registration (before July 13) is $35; after that $45
- Fee includes breakfast, lunch, T-shirt and race packet.
- Participants must pre-register. Proceeds to benefit the YMCA scholarship program.
- For more information and to receive registration material, call (508 295-9622, ext 15).
Video: 2010 Bird Island Challenge: