2012 Provincetown Homemade Boat Race This Monday
July 20, 2012
The 2nd annual “Home Made Boat Race,” will be held at 5:00 p.m. Monday, July 23, in Provincetown, Massachusetts, to raise money for the Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies and awareness about the marine environment.
Teams will be judged on ingenuity, aesthetics and costumes. Extra points are awarded to those who pick up marine debris along the way.
- Boats must be homemade, with no real boat or watersports parts
- Boats must be human-powered by humans
- Boats should incorporate some kind of marine debris in the design
- Production paddles are allowed
- Participants must raise $50 in pledges to compete
- Venture Athletics Water Sports, 237 Commercial St., Provincetown
- The Crown & Anchor, 247 Commercial St., Provincetown
Rain date: 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 24
Contact: Elizabeth Verde (508-487-9442) email@example.com
Follow New England Boating:
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on New England Boating, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!