20,302 Pounds of Trash Collected from RI Beaches
January 9, 2012
Save The Bay reports that volunteers with the organization’s beach cleanup program picked up the equivalent 20,302 pounds of trash last year in Rhode Island.
Save The Bay hosted 30 cleanups across the state in 2011, with 1,139 volunteers participating.
Below are the tallies for the top 5 trash round-ups:
- Rocky Point (Warwick): 3,588 lbs.
- Fields Point (Providence): 2,346 lbs.
- Brayton Point (Somerset): 2,008 lbs.
- Longmeadow Fishing Area (Warwick): 1,540 pounds
- East Matunuck State Beach (South Kingstown): 1,156 pounds