Bath, Maine, Heritage Days Set for July 4
May 12, 2011
Mark your calendar for the Bath’s Heritage Days and the Kennebec River Boat Parade. This fun, 3-day event features waterfront fireworks, a fireman’s muster and concerts aplenty.
According to Boat Parade organizer Ed Rice, who also runs River Run Boat Tours of the Kennebec and surrounding waters, Heritage Days makes Bath a great destination for visiting boaters.
Here’s a list of events:
- Rotary Barbecue: Held in the city park with entertainment in the gazebo
- Carnival: Dozens of rides, games of skill and popular food vendors
- 4th of July Parade: Maine’s largest, featuring over 100 entries
- Boat Parade
- Fireworks: held Monday evening at 9:00 on the waterfront
- Crafts Show: 2-day juried event with over 50 vendors
- Art in the Park: featuring over 30 artists from all over New England
- Kid’s Day: fun activities for children, including face painting and games
- Chili Chowder Fest: local competition between some of the area’s finest restaurants
- Fireman’s Muster: this event pits teams from 5 states with antique fire pump rigs
- Strongman Competition
- Fun Run: 5K through the historic district
- Front Street Shuffle: over 125 antique cars line nationally acclaimed Front Street
- Outdoor Concerts: featuring popular local and nationally known acts held on 2 stages
For more information:
- City of Bath Heritage Days
- Heritage Dayz Website
- To participate in the Boat Parade, contact Capt. Ed Rice of River Run Tours at (207-504-2628)
Please share your comments below.