Block Island Boating News Briefs
December 28, 2010
The Block Island Times recently reported on several issues involving boats and boating on the island. Among them were:
- New Harbor dumpsters will be locked at night to discourage use by non-boaters.
- Plans for a new harbormasters shack with bathrooms and a dinghy dock in New Harbor are progressing, but may not be a reality for several years.
- Grant funding for the New Harbor boat ramp renovation is being drawn up.
- The latest plans for the Old Harbor dockmasters building were reviewed by the Harbors Committee.
- Old Harbor harbormaster Stephen Land stated in his annual report that the revenue generated by mooring fees was higher than last year. Also, the average boat count was higher than last year, despite the bad weather of fall.
To read more:
Will any of these changes affect you next boating season?
Let us know in the space provided below.