Buzzards Bay Coalition Seeks Summer Boat Captain
March 29, 2017
The Buzzards Bay Coalition is seeking a summer captain who will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the organization’s 27’ R/V Buzzards Baykeeper.
The Baykeeper is used as a platform to take water-quality samples around the Bay as part of the Coalition’s Baywatchers monitoring program and to provide support for Coalition’s outreach programs.
Boat captain duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The safe operation of the vessel as well as the safety of passengers and volunteers on board.
- Basic vessel maintenance and cleaning.
- Collection of water samples in accordance with the schedule and protocols set by the Coalition’s Director of Monitoring Programs.
- Deployment, retrieval, and regular maintenance of the Coalition’s center Bay monitoring buoy under the direction of the Director of Monitoring Programs.
- Assist with the coordination of and provide on-the-water support for the Coalition’s annual Buzzards Bay Swim on June 24.
- Coordination and communication with volunteers.
To learn more and apply for this position, download the full position description.