Catamaran Destroyed in Stratford, CT, Blaze
February 4, 2013
CTPost.com: The old catamaran that has been a fixture in Stratford Harbor for years is no more.
The Stratford Fire Department said that large craft, which has served as a houseboat for Lor Cubbison, was destroyed by fire Saturday afternoon [January 26]. The blaze was apparently caused by an unattended heating pad that ignited a mattress, according to Fire Marshal Brian Lampart. The 40-footer is normally moored in the Housatonic River across from the town-owned Bond’s Dock farther south.
Follow New England Boating:
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on New England Boating, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!