Dive Conference to Feature Wreck-Hunting Seminar
March 3, 2011
Black Laser Learning, a leader in sonar training programs, will present their popular Hunting Shipwrecks seminar at the annual Boston Sea Rovers conference in Massachusetts, March 4-6, 2011.
Sport divers and amateur underwater archaeologists alike will get an in-depth overview on how to locate shipwrecks using side-scan sonar, magnetometers and Hummingbird sonar.
The workshop will start with sonar/magnetometer basics, then move through professional techniques. Topics covered will include search planning, search patterns, echosounders, sonars, magnetometers, metal detectors, and underwater tracking and target identification. In addition to explaining what the various instruments can do, Black Laser’s Vince Capone will show attendees how use them, including towing techniques and positioning, as well as how to coordinate with professionals to conduct effective search operations for shipwrecks and sunken aircraft.
Additionally, he’ll explain how he located the World War II German submarine U-215 for the Sea Hunters on George’s Bank. The presentation will finish with information on how to return to a target once it has been located.
The Hunting Shipwrecks seminar takes place Saturday, March 5, 2011 from 1-4 p.m. at the Sea Rovers conference being held at the Crowne Plaza, Boston North Shore, located in Danvers, Massachusetts.
- Crowne Plaza Boston North Shore Hotel in Danvers MA
- $30 (includes a copy of Black Laser Learning’s sonar and magnetometer training DVD)
- Over 40 Saturday and Sunday Daytime Seminars, featuring slide and video shows from around the underwater world
- World-renowned Saturday Evening Film Festival, featuring the best filmmakers and explorers in the business
- Expanded Exhibit Hall: Featuring a half-day exhibit floor on Friday for dive industry professionals, with 2 full days open to the public on Saturday and Sunday
- Free admission to Exhibit Floor – Free passes will be available from the Exhibitors.
- Discover Scuba offered at the on-site pool.
- Advanced Training & Specialized Workshops from Industry Experts.
- Fantastic Shipwreck Display, highlighting artifacts and images from Ocean liners and Passenger Vessels recovered by Boston Sea Rovers and our friends.
- Reasonably priced hotel rooms with discount rates of $129/night.
- Free parking
- Special Sunday Kids Programs, including hands-on interactive educational programs
- Easy access from all points, including Boston via major highways such as RT 95, RT 128 and RT 1.
Are you part of the Sea Rovers?
Do you have anything you can share about past events? Please tell us below.