Event of the Week: 2014 Boston Harbor Islands Regatta
September 22, 2014
The 10th Annual Boston Harbor Islands Regatta will be held on Saturday, September 27. One of the largest pursuit races in Boston Harbor, the regatta will help support the Boston Harbor Islands national park.
Now in it’s 10th year, the Boston Harbor Islands Regatta is the final points-earning race in the Mass Bay Pursuit Series and attracts over 100 boats in 10 fun, competitive classes.
Proceeds from this premier event directly support the Boston Harbor Islands. Each $1,000 raised through registration, sponsorship, and sales provides:
- Free access for 100 deserving youth from low-income communities throughout the Boston metro area to enjoy a day of learning and discovery in their local national park.
- A full day of free public arts & engagement programming including popular events like Berklee Jazz, Vintage Base Ball, and New England Aquarium interactive days.
- Needed funds towards the completion of park improvement projects like new moorings, trails, water fountains, and more.
- $125 (after Sept. 1). Includes 2 after-party tickets
- $35 additional after-party tickets
- To purchase tickets online or for other information go to the regatta’s webpage.