Event of the Week: 2014 Galilee, RI, Fishing Tourney & Seafood Festival
September 3, 2014
This weekend marks the 3rd annual Galilee “Fishing For Hope” Tournament and Seafood Festival, held in Narragansett, RI, September 6 – 7, 2014.
The free Seafood Festival includes live entertainment, arts & crafts vendors, fishing boat tours, novelties, free rock-wall climbing, educational exhibits, marine creatures touch tank, face painting, cotton candy and lots of seafood!
Fishing Tournament Information:
- Deadline to register for the Fishing Tourney is Thursday, September 4, at 7:00 p.m.
- The entry fee for the tourney is $15 for adults and $5 for Juniors (14 and under).
- The tournament includes 2 divisions:
* fish caught from boat
* fish caught from shore
- Fish species for ADULTS include bluefish, fluke and striped bass with prizes such as fishing charters and tackle shop certificates.
- Fish species for JUNIORS include bluefish, fluke, striped bass, black sea bass and scup with trophies for prizes.
- Fish need to be brought to the special weigh-in station at Galilee during the tournament, but there is no requirement on where the fish can be caught. Anglers can bring their catch to the weigh-in station by boat (special dockage provided) or by car (special parking provided)
- A full list of prizes and donors can be found HERE.
- Participants will be able to weigh in their catch on Saturday, September 6, from 9:00 am to 5:00 and on Sunday, September 7 from 9:00 to 2:00. The leader board will be present at the weigh-in station.
- Winners will be determined by fish category and weight and awards will be presented at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
The weigh-in station will monitor VHF channel 65. Anglers can call the weigh-in station to find out the leading fish weights and to arrange temporary dockage to bring in their catch.
All fish entered in the tournament are property of the angler, but we’d also like to extend the opportunity to donate your catch to others less fortunate. All donated fish will go to a local food pantry.