The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum will present the 2012 Arts of the Angler Show, to be held at the Ethan Allen Inn I-84, Exit 4, Lake Avenue, Danbury, Connecticut.
- $12 per day,
- $20 for both days
- (students under 16, $5 per day)
Saturday, November 10
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m.: a special price
- fixed dinner
- 7:15 p.m.: live fly tackle and accessory collectible auction
Sunday, November 11
- 9:00 AM – 3:30 p.m.
- Discovery Auction at 10:30.
Over 100 tables featuring:
- Over 30 of the most popular fly-tyers will be tying at eye level, including Brandt, Fishy, Mead, Patlen, Schecter, Hidy, Cohen, Nikocevic, Likakis, Corwin, Graves, Hartman
- Brandin, Gallas, Aroner, Kretchman, Van Burgel, Scott, Smith, Downes, Horowitz, and other fine bamboo rodmakers
- Vast array of collectible fly fishing tackle and collectibles
- Tie your first fly with the Housatonic Fly Fishing Association
- Bring your Hardy Fly Reel and get it tuned up at the Hardy Booth
- Hooks, Feathers, Fur, Beads, Thread…everything you need to tie any fly.
- Books you never thought you would ever find will be here.
- Rod Racks, hand crafted rod tubes, contemporary tackle and more.
- Special Presentations: Furling with Kathy Scott, The Flymph Legacy of Jim Leisenring and Pete Hidy by Lance Hidy, Bruce Corwin up close with Wally Wings & Peccary Bodies, Peggy Brenner Tapping Arts Council funds for Rodmakers and Fly tyers.
- Live Auction items: Rods, Reels, Letter from John James Hardy to Roy Steenrod regarding Theodore Gordon’s death; A dozen framed salmon flies by Frances Stearns, artwork, etc. Saturday night.
- Discovery Auction (see for yourself on Sunday)
All Attendees will receive a free copy of Paul Guernsey’s HC book firstname.lastname@example.org, the future of fly fishing.
- Call: (845-439-4810)
- Email: email@example.com
All proceeds benefit the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum.
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on BoatingLocal, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!