Eastern Long Island Sound Report: 11.2.12
Pate Abate at River’s End Tackle surveyed the post-storm damage in the Old Saybrook area. Although he doesn’t have any recent fishing reports to offer, his post does provide some useful information on the local waters. Here it is:
Hopefully this email finds all of you recovered from Sandy. There was some devastation along the Shoreline but we were spared.
There isn’t anything to report since the storm. I haven’t spoke to anyone who has fished since then. I took a ride along the shoreline this morning to look at shore spots and I can report that access is very limited.
- Old Saybrook Town Beach is closed
- Old Lyme Town Beach is closed
- Old Lyme State Fishing Pier has construction going on but people were fishing there.
- Old Saybrook Launch Ramp and Fishing Pier is open.
- Saybrook Point is closed.
- The Causeway is accessible.
- The Rhode Island beaches suffered heavy damage; check before heading out.
The water in the Connecticut River looked off-color and there wasn’t any apparent debris floating, but I’m sure there’s at least a few loose docks and logs floating around. The Sound also looked slightly off-color but fishable.
We’ll be open every day but will be adjusting our hours starting this weekend.
We’ll have a full report next Friday and hopefully better news.
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on BoatingLocal, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!