TV show host and noted fishing personality George Poveromo is bringing his Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series to Providence on Saturday, February 2. The event will be held at Rhode Island College’s Roberts Hall at 600 Mt. Pleasant Avenue in Providence. The 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. presentation will be hosted by Poveromo, host of “George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing” on the NBC Sports Network and Editor-At-Large for Salt Water Sportsman, and Tom Richardson, host and publisher of BoatingLocal.com.
Joining Poveromo and Richardson in Providence will be:
- Dr. Mitchell Roffer: Leading authority on locating surface temperature breaks and ocean-circulation features that hold fish.
- Harry Vernon III: Nationally recognized authority on offshore trolling and day-dropping for swordfish.
- Capt. Corey Pietraszek: Buzzards Bay and Elizabeth Islands striped bass, fluke and blackfish pro.
- Capt. Zach Harvey: Former editor of The Fisherman New England edition, as well as a noted outdoor writer and authority on fishing the coastal and offshore waters of New England.
- Capt. Brian Patterson: Rhode Island and Cape Cod light-tackle striped bass, bluefish and bluefin tuna expert.
- Capt. Dave Monti: Veteran New England pro with over 40 years of experience in fishing Narragansett Bay.
- Capt. Andy Dangelo: Distinguished authority on catching tuna, and sharks, as well as trophy fluke, blackfish and cod with his charter boat, Meridee II.
- Capt. Alex Friedman: Authority on big-game fishing in New England, as well as a trophy fluke and striped bass specialist.
Courses for the February 2 presentation will focus on: Live-baiting for trophy striped bass; spinner-and-worm fishing for striped bass; stripers on topwater lures; diamond and flutter-jigging for striped bass and bluefish; chunking for big striped bass; inshore wire-line techniques; secrets of fishing the rips; how to locate the largest bluefish; bluefish on surface lures; targeting jumbo bluefish; how to choose, rig and fish the most productive artificials for New England waters; trophy fluke tactics; chumming up big fluke; how to catch tournament-winning fluke; bottom-fishing for inshore table fare (flounder, sea bass, blackfish); targeting trophy blackfish; how to locate blackfish when they seem scarce; jigging for blackfish; bucktailing for trophy sea bass; tricks that take more offshore cod and pollock; chumming and chunking for bonito and false albacore; Florida-style tactics that catch more and larger New England bonito and false albacore; bluefin tuna on light tackle; trolling for bluefins; cutting-edge tactics that take bigger makos; kite fishing for sharks and tuna; how to create and troll a deadly offshore teaser system (dredges included); live-chumming and live-baiting for tunas; hot methods for catching mako, blue, thresher and porbeagle sharks; trolling for sharks; how to find and fish temperature breaks; cutting-edge canyon tactics; daytime swordfish tactics for New England waters.
New this year will be a special Kid’s Seminar from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m., presented by Sperry Top-Sider. In addition to this seminar, kids will participate in a meet-and-greet with George Poveromo, have chances to win special door prizes, enjoy a free lunch courtesy of Sperry Top-Sider, and have their names entered into a Grand Prize drawing to win a Florida fishing trip with George Poveromo. Note: One child, 15 years and younger, per paying adult, will be admitted for the full day at no charge.
The $55 Seminar Series ticket covers 6 hours of instruction from the best pros in the business, a course textbook, a one-year subscription or extension to Salt Water Sportsman, one Roffer’s Ocean Fishing Forecast Analysis, 16-ounce bottle of OrPine Wash & Wax, one spool of Sufix fishing line, one bottle of Star tron fuel treatment, a $20 discount card off any purchase of $150 or more from Capt. Harry’s Fishing Supply, and chances to win thousands of dollars worth of door prizes. The Grand Prize at the conclusion of the Providence seminar is a Bahamas fishing trip for two to the prestigious Bimini Sands Resort & Marina. The Super Grand Prize, to be awarded two weeks after the conclusion of the 2013 series, is a new Mako Pro Skiff 17 Center Console!
To pay with Visa, MasterCard and American Express, call (800-448-7360)
To register on-line just CLICK HERE.
For more information CLICK HERE.
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on BoatingLocal, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!