TV fishing show host and personality George Poveromo is bringing his popular Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series to Connecticut on Saturday, January 18, 2014. The all-day, information-packed event will be held at the Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville.
Co-hosting the seminar is Tom Richardson, Editor of New England Boating Magazine and co-host of New England Boating TV on NESN.
Joining Poveromo and Richardson on stage will be:
- Dr. Mitchell Roffer
- Captain Rick Mola
- Captain David Wicker
- Captain Marcel Israel
- Captain Bill Brown
- Captain Kyle Douton
- Captain Michael Pirri
- Cathy Muli
Seminar sessions will cover:
- Live-baiting for trophy striped bass
- Spinner-and-worm fishing for striped bass
- Stripers on top water lures
- Diamond and flutter-jigging for striped bass and bluefish
- Chunking for big striped bass
- Inshore wire-line techniques
- Secrets of fishing the rips
- How to keep track of and locate the largest bluefish in the Sound
- Bluefish on surface lures
- Targeting jumbo bluefish
- Trophy fluke tactics
- Chumming up big fluke
- How to catch a tournament-winning fluke
- Bottom-fishing for inshore table fare (flounder, black sea bass, blackfish)
- Targeting trophy blackfish
- How to locate blackfish when they seem scarce
- Jigging for blackfish
- Bucktailing for trophy black sea bass
- Tricks that take more offshore cod and pollock
- Chumming and chunking for bonito and false albacore
- Florida-style tactics that catch more and larger New England bonito and false albacore
- Bluefin tuna on light tackle and lures
- Trolling for bluefins
- Cutting-edge tactics that take bigger mako sharks
- Kite fishing for sharks and tuna
- How to create and troll a deadly offshore teaser system (dredges included)
- Live-chumming and live-baiting for tunas
- Hot methods for catching sharks
- Trolling for sharks
- How to find and fish temperature breaks
- Cutting-edge canyon tactics
- Daytime swordfish tactics for New England waters
The $55 ticket includes 6 hours of instruction from leading national and local angling authorities, a course textbook, one year subscription or extension to Salt Water Sportsman, one Roffer’s Ocean Fishing Forecasting Analysis, one bottle of OrPine Wash & Wax, one spool of Sufix fishing line, one bottle of Star Tron Fuel Treatment, one bottle of Corrosion Block, $ 20.00 off on any purchase of $150 or more from Capt. Harry’s Fishing Supply, and chances to win thousands of dollars worth of door prizes. The Grand Prize at each Seminar Series stop is a Bahamas bonefishing trip to Bimini Sands. And the Super Grand Prize (the winner’s name to be drawn from all the attendees of the 2014 tour) is a Mako Pro Skiff 17 CC.
- To pay with Visa, MasterCard and American Express, call (800-448-7360)
- To register on-line CLICK HERE.
- For more information CLICK HERE.
Check out information from our 2013 article.