Glacier Bay 2740: Classic Cat 2.0
September 22, 2010
The Glacier Bay 2740 Renegade dual-console power catamaran is a complete redesign of the company’s long-popular 2640, boasting more cruising amenities, more room at the helm, a redesigned forward seating area and sleeker lines. The port and starboard bow seats will accommodate 4 adults, and are built-in for better comfort. More space (in terms of both length and width) was added to the helm area to accommodate a large L-shaped lounge to port and improve access to the bow and cockpit.
The helm also features a 5-section, safety-glass windshield, a large storage compartment, a luxurious helm bench seat with flip-up bolster and a pair of recessed stainless-steel cup holders. The large port console opposite the helm contains a walk-in head compartment with LED light and an opening port for light and ventilation. Also standard is a fiberglass entertainment center/wet bar with 10-gallon overboard-draining live well, stainless-steel sink with freshwater faucet, Corian countertop, 4 stainless-steel cup holders and 4 dry-storage drawers. A refrigerated drawer and grill are optional. In addition, the 2740 has over 600 quarts of insulated cooler/fishbox storage with overboard drains.
The cockpit boasts a Euro-style walk-through transom leading to an extended swim platform with integrated handrails and a boarding ladder. Other cockpit amenities include a freshwater shower, a raw-water washdown, bolsters, under-gunwale rod racks and 4 gunwale-mounted rod holders.
Typical cruise with twin Yamaha F150s is 22 mph at 2.3 mpg. Typical WOT is 42 mph at 1.5 mpg.
Other standard features include:
- Dual anchor lockers with molded-in bow pulpit
- Two 500-gph forward bilge pumps
- Low-profile stainless-steel grab rail
- Lockable storage for 4 rods
- Insulated and lockable 150-quart L-lounge storage cooler with overboard drains
- Ergonomic dash layout with room for a 12” display
- Tilt-out trash bin
- Pull-storage cabinet under the L-lounge
- Insulated 100-quart port and starboard in-deck fishbox with macerator pump
- 6 pull-up stainless-steel cleats
- Grill with transom mounts
- Stainless-steel drawer refrigerator
- 94-quart cooler to mount on the swim platform
- Pantograph-style heavy-duty waterproof windshield wiper with rinse
- Removable bow table
- Sun lounge filler lid with cushion
- Lewmar windlass with aluminum anchor
- LED underwater light package
- Jensen stereo system with 4 speakers, Sirius Satellite, iPod controls, AUX port, and MP3 port
- Integrated 30 amp battery-charging system
- 30-gallon recirculating, insulated, lighted live well with clear lid
- Dual, flush-mounted fold-away aft seats
- Aft cockpit wraparound lounge seats
- Power-assist steering with 13” Edson wheel
- Garmin GHP 10 autopilot with Shadow Drive
- Fiberglass top with aluminum frame, integrated VHF box, overhead lights, 6 rocket launchers, spreader light and life jacket storage
- Strataglass curtain package
- Hardtop sunshade
- Honda, Suzuki, or Yamaha 150 4-strokes
- Traditional graphics package cobalt, cabernet, or stars and stripes hull colors
- LOA: 26’ 6”
- Beam: 8’ 9”
- Fuel: 180 gals.
- Draft: 20”
- Max power: 300 hp
- Approx. dry weight: 6,500 lbs. (w/ engines)
- Bridge clearance: 8’ 8”
- Fresh water: 20 gals.
- Waste: 15 gals
- Base price with twin Yamaha 150s: $130,903
- Glacier Bay