Jellyfish Sting Bathers off MA
July 17, 2013
Salem News: At first, Sarah Oaks did not know what happened when her 10-year-old son, Nate, ran out of the water onto Singing Beach [in Manchester, MA] last week in excruciating pain.
It was only a little while later, when the family was at nearby Crosby’s Marketplace, that she realized that Nate had been stung by a jellyfish. The sting, on his face, went from red to purple and was hot to the touch, Oaks said.
“I turned around and looked at him, and it looked like he had jam on his face,” she said.
Read more: Salem News