Long Island Lighthouse Cruises Offered
June 21, 2012
Join members of the East End Seaport Museum on Long Island, New York, for fun and informative cruises on the Peconic Star Express to see the historic offshore lighthouses of Gardiner’s Bay and Long Island Sound. The captain will maneuver close to each lighthouse, and the seals of Little Gull Island may swim up to greet you.
A unique benefit of the cruise is a visit to Bug Light. Participants will go ashore to explore the lighthouse and enjoy its panoramic views.
The narrator is Bob Allen, the great grandson of William H. Follett, the last keeper of Bug Light. He will share family stories and legends about the lights, including several that are reputedly haunted.
Dates & Times:
- Day Cruises: July 14, July 28, August 4, October 6
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Evening Cruises: July 21, August 18
4:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- $95 adult; $60 teen/child.
- Prices include deli boxed meal, glass of wine or bottle of water.
- Group discounts available!
- East End Seaport Cruises