MA Highlights 2012 Restoration Projects
April 14, 2013
As part of its annual report, the Massachusetts Department of Fish & Game’s Division of Ecological Restoration recently released a list of accomplishments in 2012.
- 9 dams removed to improve the condition of rivers and streams, an accomplishment which ranked Massachusetts 2nd in the nation in number of dams removed.
- Provided technical assistance and guidance to people from over 245 Massachusetts communities in all 27 major watersheds.
- Completed 3 wetlands-restoration projects spanning 91 acres.
- 465 volunteers working in 235 communities devoted over $182,000 worth of labor toward protecting and restoring the Commonwealth’s rivers and wetlands by reading stream gages, conducting river continuity and stream surveys, collecting monitoring data, and participating in restoration planning.
- Leveraged $5 million in outside funds.
To read the full report, CLICK HERE (PDF).
Follow New England Boating:
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on New England Boating, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!