Marion Names & Numbers
April 28, 2020
Dockage, Moorings & Service
- Barden’s Boatyard
Full-service marina and boatyard located on west side of harbor adjacent to the town wharf. Offers transient slips and moorings, launch service, haul-out, WiFi, storage, electric, hull repair and more.
- Burr Brothers Boatyard
Full-service marina at northern end of harbor. Offers transient slips and moorings, launch service, electric, WiFi, water, ship’s store, fuel dock, haul-out, rigging, canvas work and more.
- A&J Boat Corp.
Full-service yard on Hammetts Cove.
- Beverly Yacht Club
Private club founded in 1872 and offering transient services to members of reciprocal clubs.
- Barden’s Boatyard
- An anchorage with excellent holding ground is located at the southern end of the harbor, just north of Ram Island, although boats cannot be left unattended. A public dinghy dock is located at the town wharf adjacent to the harbormaster’s office. Dinghies can be left here for up to three hours. Very large vessels can anchor in the outer harbor, south of Ram Island and outside of buoy “6”, as well as outside the swimming barrier off Silvershell Beach.
- Launch Ramps
- A town ramp is located at Old Veterans Memorial Park (Old Landing), but there is no trailer parking available. Kayakers can launch and park at the town wharf next to the Harbormasters Office.
- Two large public ramps with ample parking are available in nearby Wareham and Mattapoisett.
- Marion General Store
Purveyors of custom-cut meats, cheeses, produce, beer, coffee, gifts and more on Front Street.
- Dean Ross Home
Fine home-furnishings store on Front Street.
- Serendipity by the Sea
Unique gifts and clothing store with a decidedly nautical theme, across the street from Bardens Boatyard.
- Marion Sports Shop
Sophisticated men’s and women’s clothing from around the world, across the street from Burr Brothers Boatyard.
Where to Eat
- The Atlantic Bistro
Creative lunch and dinner menu in an intimate setting.
Tasty and creative Thai cuisine a short walk from the harbor. BYOB.
- Brew Fish
Restaurant and bar specializing in microbrews. A short walk from the harbor.
- Kate’s Simple Eats
Cozy café serving tasty breakfast and lunch items.
- Uncle Jon’s Coffee & Café
- (508) 748-0063
Delicious coffee, tea, chai, lattes and pastries, plus lunch items to go for boat and beach picnics. Within walking distance of the harbor.
- Harriet’s Catering
Delicious home-cooked meals to go. Menu changes frequently.
Things to See & Do
- Sippican Historical Society
Learn about Marion’s past at the Historical Society headquarters on Front Street.
- Buzzards Bay Regatta
Held in early August and hosted by the Beverly Yacht Club, the BBR is a well-attended series of races that draws sailors from all over the country. Classes include 505, Ensign 420, Vanguard 15, Rhodes 19, PHFR, Multihull, Laser, J/80, J/24 and Etchells.
- Marion Art Center
Established in 1957 as a non-profit community cultural organization dedicated to promoting the visual and performing arts. Maintains a gallery of local art and hosts live theatre.