Mattapoisett Names & Numbers
April 27, 2020
Mattapoisett Harbor, on the western shore of Buzzards Bay, is easy to find and access. From north or south head for the Nye Ledge green bell and follow the marked channel west. You’ll see the Mattapoisett Boatyard to starboard. The town wharves and short-term tie-up are at the very head of the harbor.
Charts: NOAA 13236
- Mattapoisett Boatyard: Full-service marina on the north side of the harbor. Mooring rental, duel dock, haul-out, pump-out, repair, storage, launch service.
- Brant Cove Boatyard: Marina with slips and mooring rentals on Brant Cove.
- Triad Boatworks: Mooring rental, haul-out, service, repair.
VHF Ch. 68 or (508) 758-4791
- A protected anchorage with good holding ground can be found on the north side of Mattapoisett Neck.
- VHF Ch. 9 or (508) 758-4191
- A concrete, two-lane ramp can be found at the town wharf. Parking is available for town residents at the wharf. Non-residents can park at the Depot Street lot, a quarter-mile from the ramp. There is no fee.
- Inn on Shipyard Park: Seaside New England fare with a fusion flare, quality microbrews, wine, and craft cocktails in a casual and welcoming atmosphere. Eat inside or on the screened porch. Live music some nights.
- Ying Dynasty: Chinese-American fare a short walk from the harbor.
- Nick’s Pizza: Hometown favorite spot for pizza, subs, and Italian food. A short walk from the harbor.
- Tastebuds Bistro & Catering: Intimate dining spot near the harbor.
- Harbor Days: Held in mid-July, this weeklong event offers arts and crafts sales, food, live entertainment, harbor tours and more!