Mercury 175-hp Pro XS Outboard
July 14, 2018
Mercury’s new 175-hp Pro XS model is built on the company’s award-winning V6 3.4L platform introduced at the 2018 Miami International Boat Show. This large-displacement engine is designed to deliver higher maximum rpm at full throttle, while retaining the Mercury V6 platform’s light weight (470 lbs.) and fuel economy.
- 87-Octane Standard: delivers peak performance and reliability on regular unleaded 87-octane fuel.
- Advanced Range Optimization: improves cruise-speed fuel efficiency by automatically adjusting fuel delivery.
- Idle Charge battery-management: When battery voltage is low, the engine automatically increases idle rpm to boost alternator output and recharge batteries to the proper level, protecting operators from draining their battery while trolling.
- Electronic Oil Level Sensor: Optional electronic oil level sensor automatically alerts operator to low oil level.
- Top Cowl Service Door: simplifies routine maintenance with easy oil checks and oil fills without removing the cowl. The Top Cowl Service Door also houses the latch release and a carrying handle.
- Easy Maintenance:A graphic, hour-based maintenance decal, no-spill oil drain & filter, color-coded maintenance points, and Mercury’s maintenance-free valve-train make owning the new engine stress free.
- Adaptive Speed Control: automatically maintains desired rpm regardless of changes in load, resulting in increased throttle response and a “sportier” feel.
For more information visit the Mercury Marine website.