Mystic Seaport Announces Classic Boat Winners
July 26, 2011
The Mystic Seaport has announced the winners of this year’s Antique and Classic Boat Rendezvous, held this past weekend in Mystic, Connecticut.
Judges Awards for 2011:
Best Powerboat 40′ and Larger:
- DOLPHIN: She is largely original, owned by the same family since built in 1929, 3rd-generation, and two generations of professional commitment by the captain’s family. Registered by Pierre and Paul Simard.
- Special citation: LADY CATHERINE, for ongoing restoration and maintenance by dedicated owners. Registered by Richard Hamilton and Catherine Freeman.
Best Powerboat 39′ and Under:
- BIMINI BABE, for authenticity to Rybovich standards, with an authentic “shippy” feel below. Registered by David Pyle and Jim Connelly.
- Special citation: SKIPPERESS, for continuing the legacy of ELCO through an ongoing owner maintained program.
- LITTLE VIGILANT: Registered by Richard Armstrong.
- Special citation: MEMSAHIB, for ongoing dedicated restoration program by the owner, balanced by ongoing use of the boat. Registered by Paul Kessinger.
- Special citation: A-WAY, for the oldest boat at this year’s ACBR. Registered by Roger Read.
- Special citation: INNSTYLE, for her remarkable historic significance being the oldest fiberglass boat our judges are aware of. Registered by Charles Keefe.
- Special citation to SEA YA!, for excellent owner restoration to original specifications. Highest point boat this year. Registered by Eric Bohman.
- CIRCE: Best overall presentation of the Rybovich tradition. Registered by Jon Schneller.
Best All Around Sailboat:
- RANGER: featuring a consistent level of pleasing finish throughout. Registered by Howard Park.
- Special citation: ALURA, for enthusiasm and dedication to the restoration by owner, Matthew Schomen. Registered by Matthew Schomen.
Judge Emeritus Award:
- BANTAM: Based purely on the beautiful design features and eye appeal of this classic yacht. Registered by Richard and Ann Marie Dixon.
New England Boating: Scenes from the Classic Boat Rendezvous