National Fishing Seminar Tour Coming to New England
February 20, 2011
The Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar Series will bring its entertaining, informative multi-media show to the Boston area on Saturday, March 5.
The 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. event (now in its 24th season) is being held at the Regis College Fine Arts Theatre at 235 Wellesley Street in Weston. George Poveromo, host of George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing on VERSUS and Salt Water Sportsman Magazine’s Editor-At-Large, will headline the program, along with New England Boating contributor Barry Gibson, a prominent tuna and striper charter skipper. The event is being presented by Sperry Top-Sider.
The following team of fishing professionals will be joining Poveromo and Gibson on stage for the full-day event:
- Captain Terry Nugent (another New England Boating contributor): The owner of Riptide Charters, Nugent is a distinguished New England tuna, shark and trophy striped bass pro.
- Captain Chuck DiStefano: A veteran skipper with over 33 years fishing for everything from striped bass to bluefin tuna aboard his Boston-based charter vessel, Skip-A-Dory.
- Captain Brian Patterson: Renowned light-tackle striped bass, bluefish and bluefin tuna pro who operates Patterson Guide Service from Rhode Island. Patterson is an expert on fishing Narragansett Bay and Cape Cod tuna, and has also appeared in a New England Boating video.
- Captain Dave Carraro: Gloucester-based authority on fishing for bluefins, trophy striped bass and bluefish, and groundfishing for cod and haddock.
- Captain Dave Waldrip: Noted expert on striped bass, groundfish and shark.
- Captain John Oughton: Expert on tuna, marlin and shark.
- Captain Russ Burgess: Expert on catching trophy bass in and around Boston Harbor.
To order tickets:
- Cost: $55. Includes 1-year subscription or extension to Salt Water Sportsman, one Roffer’s Fishing Forecast Analysis, a spool of Sufix fishing line, a bottle of OrPine Boat Wash & Wax, and a $20 discount on any purchase of $150 or more from Capt. Harry’s Fishing Supply. Each ticket holder is eligible for multiple door prize drawings held during throughout the day.
- All ticket holders will be registered for the Grand Prize bonefishing expedition to Bimini Sands Resort & Marina. All tickets purchased for the 2011 Seminar Series will be placed in a drawing, with the winner to receive a Mako 18 LTS Light Tackle Skiff with outboard and trailer.
Contact & Ticket Purchases:
- Live-baiting for trophy striped bass
- Spinner-and-worm fishing for striped bass
- Stripers on topwater lures
- Diamond- and flutter-jigging for striped bass and bluefish
- Chunking for big striped bass
- Inshore wire-line techniques
- Bluefish on surface lures
- Targeting jumbo bluefish
- How to choose, rig and fish the most productive New England artificials
- How and where to catch winter flounder by the numbers
- Trophy fluke tactics
- Secrets of fishing Boston Harbor
- River fishing tactics
- Bottom-fishing for inshore table fare (flounder, black sea bass, tautog)
- Bucktailing for trophy black sea bass
- How to find offshore cod and pollock
- Deep-jigging tactics
- Chumming and chunking for bonito and false albacore
- Bluefin tuna on light tackle and artificial lures
- No-nonsense bluefin tactics
- Cutting-edge tuna-trolling patterns
- Creating a deadly offshore teaser system (dredges included)
- Live-chumming and live-baiting for tunas
- Kite fishing for sharks and tunas
- Hot methods for catching mako, blue, thresher and porbeagle sharks
- Taking sharks on light-tackle and artificial lures
- How to find and fish nearshore and offshore surface temperature breaks.
Are you planning to attend any of the seminars?
What are you looking forward to the most? Please share your comments below.