New England Boat Show to Start Friday
February 24, 2011
The 55th Annual New England Boat Show will be held February 26 through March 6, 2011, at the Boston Convention and Exposition Center. The show will feature hundreds of exhibitors displaying the latest boat models, as well as boating and fishing products and services.
For a list of exhibitors and to view the Official Show Guide:
The show will also feature a host of boating clinics and demonstrations, as well as raffles and giveaways.
- Adults (16 years and older): $14
- Children (15 and younger): Free (when accompanied by an adult)
- Included with ticket purchase is a 1-year subscription to Yachting, Boating, Cruising World, TransWorld Surf (value $10).
- To order tickets online: New England Boat Show Tickets Online
The following are just a few of the numerous clinics, events, exhibits and seminars scheduled during the 8-day show.
- For more details : New England Boat Show Seminars
- Learn the principles of precision boat handling in confined spaces using the newly developed twin-inboard training simulator from the Recreational Powerboating Association. This practical hands-on program begins with a short classroom session to discuss essential boat control elements used in docking, departing and other challenging close-quarters maneuvering situations. Then participants will have the opportunity to put boat-handling theory to practice using the training simulator. You’ll learn new skills and strategies to get your boat to do exactly what you want it to do without worrying about damaging the gelcoat.
- Saturday, February 26: 12:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 27: 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
2-Day Marine Meteorology Course (Level 1):
- Lee Chesneau, Senior Marine Meteorologist, formerly with NOAA/NWS’s Ocean Prediction Center, and now owner of Lee Chesneau’s Marine Weather, will provide a challenging follow-up to his hour-long seminars with a 2-day course for a mariner’s self reliance in understanding and predicting marine weather received via High Frequency (HF) Single Side Band (SSB) Radio-facsimile weather charts (now also available on the Internet and through satellite phone technology).
- His 39 years of forecasting marine weather and strategic route planning on a global, synoptic, and local scale for mariners has been now successfully transferred to the classroom where he takes you step by step toward understanding both the ocean and atmospheric environment that you boat in. As a former mariner, Lee knows that this is necessary and important for not only in determining your own weather forecasts, but making strategic decisions whether operating with the coastal waters, offshore, or in trans-ocean crossings.
- Featuring the latest in Sailboats for your racing and cruising pleasure. See, board and explore sailboats from 8’ to 42’ from more than twenty manufacturers. Shop more than 100 booths of sailing related products and services including sailmakers, canvas, sailboat hardware, cordage, marine electronics, rigging equipment and services, time share companies offering large sailboats for fractional ownership, sailing schools, foul-weather gear, sailing gear, clothing and more. There will be daily seminars for sailors and boaters, from the beginner to the advanced. Check the seminar schedule for the times and dates of all seminars and clinics.
Remote-Control Sailing Pond
- Try your hand at the radio controlled sailboat pool. Be your own skipper, and take part in the radio controlled sailboat regatta. Challenge your family and friends or bring a group from your local sailing club. Everyone gets a chance to race against their closest worthy opponent or race against the clock for the chance to take home bragging rights as the fastest sailor at the show.
Zodiac Inflatable Drawing:
- Enter for your chance to win. One lucky person will be the winner of a Zodiac Inflatable with a 2.5 hp Yamaha outboard (a $2,355 value). You may also enter the drawing at the show. The ballot box will be located in the Boat Show Lobby. The Zodiac Inflatable Package is compliments of Browns Yacht Yard of Gloucester, MA.
- Enter your chance to win a $200 certificate for gifts and merchandise from BoatNameGear.com, a leader in embroidered gear and clothing for the nautical lifestyle. You may also enter the drawing at the show. The ballot box will be located in the Boat Show Lobby. Gift Certificate donated by BoatNameGear.com of Newington, CT.
- Tuesday is Military/Red, White & Blue/Patriot night with WAAF & the Massachusetts National Guard onsite from 5–7 p.m. Show your pride in our military by wearing an article of clothing that represents any branch of the armed services and receive a free gift from the National Guard, while supplies last.
- Wednesday is Celtics Night. “Go Green” before the Eastern Conference faves defend their home court with WRKO onsite and the Celtics’ Championship Ring on display from 4–6 p.m.
- Thursday is Bruins’Night. Come to the show before the home game and you could score tickets to ANOTHER home game, courtesy of The Sports Hub, WBZ-FM. Just sign up to for your chance to win— Sports Hub will be onsite from 4–6 p.m.
- Friday is Red Sox Night. To get you fired up for the Red Sox versus Yankees Spring Training game @ 7 p.m., Mike-FM and WEEI will be onsite, 3–5pm and 5–7pm, respectively, with the Red Sox Championship Ring on display! While you’re there, be sure to register to win a gift card for a local sports bar!
Meet SpongeBob’s Patrick Star:
- SpongeBob SquarePant’s neigbor and best friend Patrick will come out from under his rock in Bikini Bottom to make a special appearance at the New England Boat Show on March 5 from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. Don’t forget to bring your camera.
What do you look forward to the most at the New England Boat Show?
Please share your comments below.