New England Fishing Magazine
New England Fishing is a big, bold, glossy publication that celebrates the region’s vibrant sport fishing scene! From freshwater rivers and lakes to coastal and offshore waters, NEF covers New England’s diverse array of fishing venues, fishing methods and species. Written by nationally recognized outdoor journalists, local fishing guides and charter captains, it delivers solid information on how, where and when to catch New England’s many game and food fish. The articles are supported by stunning color photography and illustrations. And this winter, don’t miss the debut of New England Fishing TV on NESN!
Inside This Issue:
- The Bass Factory
– A veteran charter captain shares his secrets for scoring with big stripers off Block Island.
- Tuned in to Bluefins
– Your guide to finding and catching bluefin tuna on trolling gear.
- Child’s Play in Buzzards Bay
– Got kids? Here’s how to keep them happy with an array of scrappy bottom fish.
- The Deadly Dozen
– You can’t go wrong with this arsenal of 12 time-proven lures.
- Banking on Bronzebacks
– Smallmouth bass provide season-long sport in northern New England’s lakes, rivers and ponds.
- Fit to Print
– Get creative by making keepsake art from the fish you catch.
- Casting About the Connecticut
– The lower Connecticut River and surrounding waters are a hot spot for stripers, blues, albies and more all season long.
- Catch It & Cook It: Tasty Fish Tacos
– This mouth-watering recipe makes the perfect summer meal.
- Beantown Bonanza
– Urban angling for striped bass, flounder, blues and more in the shadow of the Boston skyline.
- Treasure of the North Woods
– Escape reality on a rustic fly-fishing trip for brook trout and salmon at a venerable northern Maine camp.
- Casting Call for Bluefins
– Get ready for high-stakes, high-adrenalin excitement when the tuna come to town.
- How to Fish Maine
– How to enjoy the unique ocean fishing options available off coastal Maine.
- Fluke Rhody-O
– Crowd-pleasing summer flounder provide thrills—and dinner—for anglers of all ages in Narragansett Bay.
- Zoom Goes the Albie
-Fussy false albacore can’t resist this soft-plastic secret weapon!
- New Gear
– Check out some of the hot new fishing tackle and other equipment available in 2016!