New Powerboat Camp for Kids Opens in RI
May 15, 2014
Confident Captain/Ocean Pros has teamed up with Safe/Sea to offer powerboat instruction classes to youth 10 and older in a “summer camp” format on Narragansett Bay.
“This is a great opportunity to provide a venue for our local youth that has never before been offered,” stated Confident Captain owner Kent Dresser in a press release. “Our powerboat instruction will be on par with the finest sailing schools in the state and will leave the kids with seamanship skills that will last a lifetime. Our goal is to get kids out on the Bay enjoying powerboats safely while learning new skills. We are fortunate to be offering the robust US Powerboating curriculum to support this great program and help provide kids with their state boating certification.”
- Open to kids aged 10 and up
- All instructors are US Powerboating Certified Instructors and USCG Licensed captains
- Offered in 2-week sessions, with the first session running July 7-18, 2014
- West Bay location at Brewer Greenwich Bay Marina’s South Yard
- Hands-on boating instruction aboard 18’-21’ runabouts with education time ashore
- State boating license test at the completion of each course
Participants will learn seamanship, safety, weather, navigation, knots, docking, rules of the road and more.
For more information go to the Confident Captain website.