Newport Boat Show Coming Up
September 10, 2011
The 41st Newport International Boat Show will be held September 15-18 in Newport, Rhode Island. The show is one of the largest in-water events in the country, and features the biggest selection of boats and boating products in the Northeast. On display will be power and sailboats ranging from 8’ prams to an 82’ luxury cruiser.
This year’s show covers over 13 acres along America’s Cup Avenue, and includes over 750 exhibitors (Full Newport Boat Show Exhibitors List). Over 600 boats are expected to be on display, along with engines, sails, equipment, safety products, electronics and thousands of accessories and marine services.
Attendees can also expand their boating knowledge and improve their skills via a host of seminars, demonstrations and workshops. (Click here for a full schedule of seminars and workshops: Newport Boat Show Seminars Listings).
Newport For New Products—the official venue for U.S. debuts of new boats and boating products and an industry-wide initiative that recognizes the best boats and products being introduced for the 2012 model year—will once again be presented at the show. Red and blue balloons will signify a new boat or product.
- Thursday to Saturday—10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday—10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Advance tickets are available on line. Tickets purchased at the show on Thursday (VIP Day) are $27 (for convenience, $24 on-line plus processing fee). No charge for children under 12 when accompanied by an adult.
- On Friday, Saturday or Sunday tickets are $18 ($15 on-line plus processing fee).
- New this year, get a second day at the show for just $3.
- Additional special offers include half-price tickets for military personnel and Newport County residents with proper ID (Friday only).
- Free shuttle bus service runs from Easton’s Beach parking lot all 4 days.
- The Newport Boat Show
- (401-846-1115) or (800-582-7846)
Related Video (2010):