After 2 days of racing at the pre-worlds, 15 crews from 8 countries are ready to fight for the coveted title of Rolex Farr 40 World Champions, being held in Newport, Rhode Island.
The 16th edition Rolex Farr 40 World Championship is hosted by the New York Yacht Club (NYYC) at Harbour Court. Racing starts August 27 (2013) and runs through Friday, August 30, with a maximum of 10 windward/leeward races.
“The New York Yacht Club is pleased and honured to welcome the Farr 40 class, and title sponsor Rolex, back to Newport. We wish for fair winds, great competition on the water, and enjoyment of our warm hospitality ashore at our Newport home,” said NYYC Commodore Thomas J. Harrington.
The Farr 40 Class, which requires an amateur owner to helm the boat and allows only up to 4 professional sailors among the crew, is a premier international 1-design class. “More than 100 years ago the New York Yacht Club played an important role in the birth of one-design keelboat racing with the creation of the NY-30 class, and has remained committed to 1-design racing ever since,” added Commodore Harrington.
- Asterisk-Uno, Hasip Gencer/Ross Mc Donald, TUR
- Barking Mad, James Richardson/Terry Hutchinson, USA
- Charisma, Nico Poons/Morgan Reeser, MON
- Endorphin, Erik Wulff/Max Skelley, USA
- Enfant Terrible, Alberto Rossi/Vasco Vascotto, ITA
- Flash Gordon 6/Bill Hardesty, Helmut Jahn, USA
- Flojito y Cooperando, Bernardo Minkow-Julián Fernandez/Matt Ciesicki, MEX
- Groovederci, John Demourkas/Cameron Appleton, USA
- Nanoq, HRH Crown Prince Frederik/Jens Christiansen, DEN
- Nightshift, Kevin McNeil/Andy Horton, USA
- Oakcliff Racing, Oakcliff Sailing/Max Vos, USA
- PLENTY, Alexander Roepers/Chris Larson, USA
- Struntje light, Wolfgang Schaefer/Peter Holmberg, GER
- Transfusion, Guido Belgiorno-Nettis/Gavin Brady, AUS
- White Knight, Zoltan Katinszky/Erik Shampain, USA
For more information about the Rolex Farr 40 Worlds go their website by CLICKING HERE.