The 2013 Wellfleet OysterFest will be held this Saturday and Sunday on the waterfront in Wellfleet, Massachusetts. The event—a celebration of fall on Cape Cod—is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is sponsored by the nonprofit Wellfleet Shellfish Promotion and Tasting.
The 2013 event includes:
Over 75 artisans, 16 food vendors, 12 raw bars and 13 community organizations
- Live music performed by Crabgrass, Sarah Swain and the Oh Boys, The Rip It Ups, Link Montana and The Incredible Casuals.
- Family Fun Area featuring educational activities, crafts, bounce houses, clowns, face painting and performances geared for the young at heart!
- Educational programs including a locally filmed documentary about shellfishermen, Barbara and Clint Austin
- Culinary programs, Taste the Terroir and Merroir; Cooking demo and Book Signing by Phillip Hunt of Winslow’s Tavern and John Carafoli author of Cape Cod Chef’s Table in which Winslow’s is featured.
- Recreational activities such as nature walks, oyster reef tours, road races, a dance party and a skateboard competition.
- Free ocean beach parking and shuttle bus transportation into town
- And of course, the Annual Oyster Shuck-Off competition
You can get a detailed Schedule of Events from the Wellfleet OysterFest.
- $5 for 1-day
- $8 for a 2-day pass
- Children 12 and under free
For more information go to the Wellfleet OysterFest website.