The New England Boat Show is set to kick off Saturday, February 22, at 10:00 a.m. at the Boston Convention & Expo Center in South Boston. The show, which runs through Sunday, March 2, features the latest boats, electronics, marine services and products, as well as a host of informative boating seminars and fun activities for kids.
Dates & Location:
- February 22 – March 2
- Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, 415 Summer St., Boston, MA 02210
- Adults: $15
- Children Age 15 years and under free when accompanied by an adult.
- Please note: Credit and debit cards will be accepted for ticket purchases at the show.
- A Citizen’s Bank ATM is available in the show lobby.
- Oder online
- Saturdays: 10 am–8 pm
- Sunday, February 17: 11 am–6 pm
- Monday through Friday: 1 pm–9 pm
- Sunday February 24: 11 am–5:30 pm
Special Show Highlights:
Meet Captain Dave Carraro from Wicked Tuna:
- Dave Carraro is the fiercely competitive captain of the FV-Tuna.com on National Geographic Channel’s smash hit show Wicked Tuna. Dave holds a U.S.C.G 100-ton Master License and has an invaluable 32 years experience with Gloucester Fishing Charters. A native of northern New Jersey, he began fishing with his dad as a kid and has done so almost every day for the past 33 years!
- Appearance Schedule: Friday, February 28: 1pm–3pm & 5pm–8pm, Saturday, March 1: 11am–1pm & 3pm–5pm, Sunday, March 2: Noon–2pm
- SailFest features the latest in sailboats for your racing and cruising pleasure.
- See, board and explore sailboats from 8’ to 45’ from more than twenty manufacturers.
- Shop more than 100 booths of sailing related products and services including sailmakers, canvas, sailboat hardware, cordage, marine electronics, rigging equipment and services, time-share companies offering large sailboats for fractional ownership, sailing schools, foul weather gear, sailing gear, clothing.
- There will be daily seminars for sailors and powerboaters, for the beginner to the advanced.
See the Miss GEICO Racing Boat:
- Booth 2337: The 6-time World Champion Miss GEICO Racing Team is proud to introduce the newest and latest Miss GEICO offshore racing boat. The new Miss GEICO is a 50’ Victory catamaran made of carbon/kevlar. At approximately 11,000 pounds, she is almost 1,500 pounds lighter than her predecessor and is equal in length. She has a 12’ beam, which is 6’ wider than the former boat; the extra width will allow her to ride smoother at faster rates of speed. Powered by 1075 Mercury racing engines, she currently has a top speed of 170 mph. Off-season plans include replacing these engines with a set of 1500-hp piston racing engines which will enable Miss GEICO to reach a top speed in excess of 200 mph.
Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center:
- Booth 2048: Watch, learn and do….If you’re a DIY boat owner interested in learning new techniques for taking care of your boat or motor, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice.
- Free daily sessions cover a variety of topics, including keeping your boat “ship shape,” choosing and installing marine electronics and maintaining gas engines.
- Watch certified marine technician and expert wrench-slinger “Fred” demo tools and techniques on actual boat and motor cutaways. Learn how to maintain, repair or upgrade your boat or motor. Do take part in discussions, ask questions and participate in hands-on clinics.
New to Boating? Welcome to the Water!
- Booth 1805: Interested in powerboating? Want to get started in sailing? Set your course for Booth 1805. The new Welcome to the Water Center will help you learn how to get off the dock and onto the water. Stop by for:
- Straightforward answers to all your boating questions
- Unbiased advice on choosing a boat that suits your lifestyle and your budget
- Information you can trust and local resources to help you get started
Boating on a Budget?
- When it comes to enjoyable ways to spend your leisure time, boating is probably far more affordable than you realize. Be sure to check out the showcases of budget-friendly power- and sailboats you can finance for less that $250 per month.
Pets on Board Photo Contest
- Does your pooch like to make waves? Is your cat a real cruiser? Share your favorite photo of your pet living the boating life to win a pet lifejacket!
- To enter the contest: Bring a photo of your “Pet on Board” to the Show with your pet’s name, your name and contact information (phone number or email address) written on the back. Judges will select the top three (3) photos at the conclusion of the show. You may also enter to win by sharing your pet’s photo through twitter.com/NEBoatShow or Facebook.com/NewEnglandBoatShow using hashtag #petsonboard.
Old Charts of New England
- Booth 227: Old Charts of New England will offer a glimpse into the past with charts and maps of our rich and colorful maritime history.
- Learn about the history behind the surveying of the U.S. coast, how chart making got its start in the United States and the importance nautical charts played in the growth of our nation.
- Old Charts of New England specializes in the Coast Survey Charts created by the Office of the Coast Survey, which is the U.S. Government’s oldest scientific organization.
Meet “Patrick Star” from Spongebob Squarepants
- Straight from Bikini Bottom, Spongebob’s pal Patrick will visit the show on Saturday, March 1, from Noon to 3 pm.
- Don’t miss your chance to meet Patrick.
- Be sure to bring your camera to take a photo with him.