As of 2:30 p.m., Thursday, December 19, the Coast Guard was searching for a fisherman who went overboard from the fishing vessel Lydia & Maya approximately 32 miles southeast of Cape Ann, Massachusetts.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Boston received a report at approximately 12:30 p.m. Thursday, from the crew of the 71’ fishing vessel Lydia & Maya, homeported in Boston, stating that a 47-year-old male crewmember had gone overboard and they were unable to find him.
The missing crewman was reported to be wearing yellow pants, orange overcoat and no lifejacket.
Responding are crews from:
- The 270-foot Coast Guard Cutter Tahoma
- The 87-foot Coast Guard Cutter Ridley
- A Coast Guard Station Gloucester, Mass., 47-foot Motor Life Boat
- A Coast Guard Station Provincetown, Mass., 47-foot Motor Life Boat
- A Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter
The water temperature on-scene is 47 degrees, the air temperature is 40 degrees and seas are 2’ to 4’ with 20-knot winds.