The Coast Guard has suspended its active search at 5:38 p.m. Sunday for a man who went overboard from the Provincetown II ferry near Castle Island, MA, Saturday.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Boston received a report from the Provincetown II stating that a man had went overboard from the third deck at approximately 10:45 p.m. and they were unable to see him.
Crews from numerous federal, state and local agencies searched for more than 17 hours and covered more than 151 square nautical miles with no sign of the man.
Searching were crews from:
- Coast Guard Cutter Grand Isle, a 110-foot patrol boat from Gloucester, Mass.
- Coast Guard Station Boston
- Coast Guard Station Point Allerton, Mass
- Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod, Mass., MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter
- Coast Guard Auxiliary from Boston and Point Allerton
- Boston Fire Department
- Boston Police Department
- Boston Harbor Police
- Quincy, Mass., Police Department
- Massachusetts State Police
- MassPort Fire Department
- Provincetown II
The incident is under investigation.