SailMaine’s will host a special event on March 27, 2014, featuring renowned sailor Rich Wilson. Wilson finished 9th in the Vendee Globe 08-9, a solo, non-stop, sailing race around the world. He was the only American, the only asthmatic, and the oldest skipper (58) in the fleet. Of 30 starters, only 11 finished.
Wilson will discuss the ordeals of the race, what kept him going, and his vision to use his real life experience as an educational opportunity for school-age kids.
The evening will also feature cocktails, appetizers and desserts.
• Purchase your ticket early and save $25. Early-bird registration of $75 ends March 17, 2014
- Price after March 17 is $100 per person.
- Purchase an entire table before the early-bird special deadline.
- Reserve your spot online – Rich Wilson Registration
- Location: Room with a View at Portland Yacht Service (58 Fore Street, Portland)
- Date/Time: March 27, 2014, starts at 6:30