Mystic Seaport will open its Halloween event, Sights & Frights, on Friday, October 19, 2012. The family-friendly production offers haunted Halloween fun for all ages.
Performance nights are October 19-20 and 26-27, from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m. Visitors can walk the decorated grounds of the Museum’s 19th-century village to encounter spooky locations and activities. Storytellers will tell tales of maritime misfortune, the schooner L.A. Dunton will be converted into a haunted ship, roving characters will entertain or frighten, and tradespeople in the shops will be manufacturing items of a creepy nature.
Family activities include:
- temporary tattoos
- free horse-and-carriage rides
- live music of a slightly sinister nature from the Museum’s chantey staff.
- Children are encouraged to dress in costume and are invited to participate in a nightly parade at 7:30 p.m.
New this year is a pumpkin patch filled with elaborately carved jack-o-lanterns and a free planetarium show, “Whoo’s Up in the Night Sky?”
The experience is self-guided and all “scary” activities are located inside, permitting families with young children to avoid them.
- $13 ($12 for Museum members)
- Children 3 and under are admitted for free
- To purchase tickets CLICK HERE.
- Call: (860-572-5322)
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on BoatingLocal, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!