This weekend, West Marine will hold a grand opening celebration of its new super store in Warwick, Rhode Island, April 11-13, 2014. The new store boasts 13,000 square feet of nautical products and access to experts who can help boaters, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts make the most of their time on the water.
Grand Opening festivities begin April 11 with a ribbon cutting by Warwick Mayor Scott Avedisian. Over the weekend, Captain Ralph Wilkins from National Geographic’s hit series Wicked Tuna will be on hand. Save The Bay will be at the Grand Opening events each day with information on what boaters can do to help protect and improve Narragansett Bay. There will also be free daily demos by boating experts, special deals on water gear and accessories, giveaways and more.
The store is located at Warwick Commons, 399 Bald Hill Road (across from the Warwick Mall).
GRAND OPENING HIGHLIGHTS:
- Fishing Stars: Captain Ralph Wilkins from National Geographic’s hit series Wicked Tuna will be on deck Saturday (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Festive Family Fun: All weekend long, the store will host interactive how-to’s with West Marine pros, and an outdoor boat show with latest models from local dealers including Marine Max, Bluenose Yachts, Ocean House Marine, Striper Marine and Protector.
- Representatives from Garmin and Raymarine will be on hand to show the latest in marine tech equipment; other vendors will offer demos as well.
- Free hot dogs at lunchtime all 3 days.
- Shop and Tour the Store: New sections and highlights including a comprehensive engine parts department and more options for paddlesports, fishing, trailers and safety. There will be deals on casual and technical apparel, foul weather gear, footwear and accessories from Roxy, Tommy Bahama, Pelagic, Quiksilver and Sperry Top-Sider.
- Product giveaways.