NH Boat Museum Spring Fling This Weekend
April 14, 2011
The New Hampshire Boat Museum of Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, will hold its Spring Fling and Ice-Out Dinner on April 15. Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will start at 6:00 p.m. with buffet dinner at 7:00 p.m. The after-dinner fundraising auction will have many fun summer activities on the block.
Auction items include include
- 3-day getaway at a beachfront cottage on the coast of Maine (Goose Rocks Beach, Kennebunkport)
- 1-hour Lakes Region aerial tour
- “Behind the Scenes” tour of the Castle in the Clouds
- NH Fisher Cats baseball tickets
- Handcrafted items
- Antique wooden boat rides
- Jersey Skiff rides
- gift certificates
- For details: New Hampshire Boat Museum
- $42 per person
- To order tickets, call Ann Sprague at (613-677-2196)
- For a reservation form (pdf)
- Reserve tickets ($42 per person) (603-677-2196)
General Museum Information:
The New Hampshire Boat Museum will open for the season on Saturday, May 28, with an Opening Reception on Friday, May 27, for a special preview of the new 2011 exhibits. These include the new Steamboat History Center, Raceboat Regatta display, and more family-friendly interactive educational games throughout the exhibits. Also new in 2011 is a discounted Family Admission Ticket to encourage families to visit, more scholarships for Youth Boat Building classes, and an Adult Sailing Class in collaboration with the Wolfeboro Corinthian Yacht Club and the Town of Wolfeboro.
Housed in the original dance hall/theater building of the historic Allen A Resort, the Museum is located at 399 Center Street, Wolfeboro Falls, 2 miles from downtown Wolfeboro on Route 28 North. Founded in 1992, the New Hampshire Boat Museum is a nonprofit educational organization focusing on boating heritage and life on the lakes and rivers of New Hampshire.
For further information on 2011 activities:
Share your comments below.