Port Clyde Names & Numbers
February 26, 2015
Chart: NOAA 13301
From the southwest, pass north of Eastern Egg Rock and between G “15” and RN “14” (Egg Rock North Ledge). Head northeast some 4 miles and pass north of GC “13” at Seal Ledges. Continue 2 miles toward Marshall Point, passing north of GC “9” and south of RN “8” and Hupper Island. As you approach Marshall Point, be sure to stay north of GC “7” marking Allen Ledge. Pick up RN “2” off Marshall Point and follow the channel into the harbor.
From the east, pick up the R “2” bell off Mosquito Island and head to RN “4” (Mosquito Ledge) then to RN “6” (Marshall Ledge). From there turn northwest and pick up RN “2” off Marshall Point. Head north into the harbor.
Harbormaster – David Schmanska
- (207) 372-6363
- Port Clyde Town Dock (207) 372-6363: Transient slips for boats up to 45’. Thirty-minute tie-up limit for daytrippers.
- Port Clyde General Store & Marina (207) 372-6543: Transient moorings for boats up to 50’. Sells gas and diesel, groceries and ice. Restrooms and showers available.
Boaters can anchor anywhere inside of Marshall Point, space permitting, as long as they are not impeding traffic in the main channel. Depths run 20’ to 35’, with good holding ground. Dinghies can be left at the town dock. A nifty and well-protected anchorage is between Hupper Point and Hupper Island, in depths of 20’ to 40’.
- Port Clyde Kayak (207) 372-8100: Kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals, sales and instruction on the harbor.
- A free public launch ramp is located on the harbor next to the town dock. Parking available off-site.
- Doug’s Seafood (207) 372-8533: Perfect lobster rolls, fried seafood, burgers and more at a reasonable price.
- Dip Net (207) 372-1112: Wharfside dining with full outdoor and indoor bars and table service. Located next to the General Store and the Monhegan Ferry.
- Black Harpoon (207) 372-6304: Locally owned, casual-dining restaurant serving prime rib, seafood, steak and more.
- Port Clyde General Store & Marina (207) 372-6543: Small lunch counter and store with hot breakfast items, sandwiches, pizza, deli, beer, wine, soda, pastries, coffee and more, right on the wharf.
- Marshall Point Lighthouse & Museum (207) 372-6450: Learn about the history of the lighthouse, the village of Port Clyde and lobstering off Saint George. Gift shop carries souvenirs, handmade local art and books written by local authors.
- Monhegan Puffin & Nature Cruises (207) 372-8848: Puffin and seal-watch cruises to Monhegan Island available from June through Labor Day.