Providence Boat Show This Weekend
January 11, 2011
The 18th annual Providence Boat Show will begin this Thursday at the Rhode Island Convention Center in downtown Providence. The show will highlight center-consoles, skiffs, bowriders, dual-consoles, sportboats and inflatables, as well as kayaks, sailboats and lots of boating gear. Representatives from area marinas and boating-service providers will also be on hand to answer questions. Informative seminars given by boating and fishing experts will be held throughout the 4-day show. Some of the featured fishing speakers include:
- Dave “Pops” Masch: Author of “Cooking the Catch: A Spirited Collection of Recipes Based on the Catch of the Day,” and a columnist for On The Water magazine, Masch will speak on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Charley Soares: A legendary fisherman, guide and frequent contributor to On The Water magazine, Soares will speak Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Capt. Bill Brown: A Rhode Island big-game expert, Brown will share tips on catching monster sharks, canyon fishing and offshore fishing techniques.
The show will also feature:
- Seamanship Alley: This innovative exhibit is designed to make boating safer and more enjoyable by teaching boaters better boathandling techniques on the spot in a fun, interactive display.
- Lots of activities for the family, plus food, giveaways and great deals on boats and equipment.
- Thursday, 4:00-9:00 p.m.
- Friday: noon – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- $10 General Admission
- Military personnel receive half price tickets with a valid ID all four days of the show.
- Children 12 and under will be admitted free.
What are you looking forward to most about the show?
Please share your thoughts with us in the comments box below.