Raymarine a9 & a12 Multifunction Displays
June 9, 2014
Raymarine’s new a9 and a12 multifunction touchscreen displays are equipped with the company’s best-in-class display technology with pinch to zoom, a fast 10Hz internal GPS antenna/processor and extensive wired and wireless networking expansion capabilities.
The new models are powered by Raymarine’s LightHouse II user interface, which is easy to use and customize, and has multiple sonar capabilities. Users can now create their own custom sonar command center with multiple independent Digital, CHIRP or CHIRP DownVision sonar channels running simultaneously for a comprehensive view of the bottom and water column.
The internal 50-channel GPS provides smooth vessel tracking at high speed, while the dual-core processor and dedicated graphics processor deliver effortless panning and zooming of vector and raster charts (the latter in U.S. only). In the U.S., all aSeries multifunction displays include LightHouse Vector charts of coastal waterways along with free access to LightHouse raster charts online at www.raymarine.com. aSeries also supports all Navionics chart formats, including its community-sourced SonarCharts.
Optional Raymarine thermal cameras with FLIR infrared technology can also be viewed and controlled via the touch screen, letting boaters see in total darkness. Both units also support multiple video feeds from IP cameras.
The a9 and a12 can be accessed anywhere onboard via built-in WiFi wireless networking and Raymarine mobile apps. With Raymarine mobile apps, boaters can view and control any aSeries display from their tablet or smartphone. Built-in WiFi also allows syncing of waypoints, routes and charts via Navionics mobile apps.
In addition to WiFi, the a9 and a12 feature Bluetooth for remote control of MP3 music and connection to Raymarine’s optional RCU-3 wireless steering wheel remote. And thanks to the LightHouse II interface, the units are easy to network and expand with additional features and functionality.
Advanced options include:
- Remote HybridTouchTM control using the optional wired RMK-9 full function remote keypad.
- Two Raynet Ethernet ports for connecting Raymarine radars, sonar modules and multiple LightHouse II powered displays
- Digital, HD Color and Super HD Color radar support
- Digital Sonar, CHIRP Sonar and CHIRP DownVision external sonar module support
- Autopilot control with Raymarine Evolution autopilots. Turn any aSeries display into an autopilot control center
- AIS receiver connectivity with support for AIS target tracking in both chart and radar applications
- Thermal night vision camera. View and control Raymarine T-Series thermal cameras
- Optional SIRIUSXM Marine Weather receiver support. Receive and animate up-to- the minute forecasts (USA Only)
- Connect with NMEA2000 (adapter included) and SeaTalkng devices
- Engine integration and fuel monitoring. NMEA2000 support or Raymarine’s optional ECI-100 Universal Engine Interface
- Vessel systems control with optional Empirbus Digital Switching
- Optional external GA150 GPS antenna for belowdeck GPS reception
- Dual-slot microSD card reader for accessing chart data, data backups and LightHouse software updates
- MSRP a9: $1,900
- MSRP a12: $2,800