Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar/Plotter
February 20, 2014
Raymarine’s new Dragonfly7 fishfinder/plotter features a high-performance, dual-channel CHIRP sonar, a chartplotter with built-in GPS antenna and a wide 7” screen. The unit can be mounted overhead while maintaining tilt-and-swivel capability.
Like the original Dragonfly, the Dragonfly7 has an intuitive Uni-controller interface that lets anglers quickly dial through the DownVision, sonar and GPS menu displays. In sounder mode, the unit uses CHIRP technology to transmit across a wide spectrum of sonar signals, resulting in high-fidelity returns.
The Dragonfly7 has 2 dedicated CHIRP sonar channels, which provide simultaneous views of both fish-targeting sonar and lifelike DownVision imagery using the dual-sonar, split-screen display mode.
Dragonfly7 Key Features
- Photo-like imagery of bottom structure using CHIRP DownVision
- CHIRP-powered Dual Channel sonar. View high-resolution DownVision structure images and target fish with CHIRP sonar simultaneously using dual sonar mode.
- Matched dual-beam CHIRP transducer with wide 60° x 1.4° fan beam for DownVision imagery plus a conical 25° beam for targeting fish.
- Accurate temperature sensor built into the transducer.
- Choice of transom-mount, through-hull plastic or through-hull bronze transducers.
- Built-in 50-channel GPS sensor with fast-acquisition technology.
- New waypoint symbols and waypoint management allow search by name, symbol or area.
- New GPX file format to support the saving, transfer & archiving of waypoint data
- Support for Lighthouse US Vector & Raster chart downloads.
- Support for the display of Navionics SonarCharts & Community Edits (Freshest Data program).
- Simple user interface for easy access to menu options and display choices.
- Ultra-bright 1500 nit optically bonded sunlight display for maximum readability in all conditions.
For contact information go to the RayMarine website.