RI Releases 2011 Saltwater Fishing Regs
April 8, 2011
The Rhode Island Division of Environmental Management has announced the following changes to the state’s recreational fishing limits for 2011.
BLACK SEA BASS
Immediately closed until new regulations can be established. A public hearing on this issue will be held on April 18.
- Minimum size: 18 1/2 ”
- Daily bag limit: 7 fish
- Season: May 1 to December 31
- Minimum size: 12”
- Daily bag limit: 2 fish
- Spring season: April 24 to May 24
- Fall season: September 24 to October 24
Note: All of Narragansett Bay and all of Point Judith Pond and the Harbor of Refuge are closed to winter flounder fishing in 2011.
- Minimum size: 16”
- Seasons/bag limit: April 15 to May 31: 3 fish per angler per day (see exception note below)
- June 1 to July 31: Closed
- August 1 to October 14: 3 fish per angler per day (see note below)
- October 15 to December 15: 6 fish (see note below)
Note: At all times while the fishery is open, a maximum of 10 fish per vessel will be allowed per calendar day. Party/charter boats have the same minimum sizes, daily bags and seasons as other recreational anglers, except that the 10 fish per boat limit does not apply.
Please share your comments below.