Searsport, ME, Yule Revel this Friday
December 7, 2011
The Penobscot Marine Museum will be the center of activities on Friday, December 9, during Yule Revel, Searsport‘s holiday celebration.
The town’s official holiday tree will be lit on The Crescent to the sound of caroling. Warm up with hot chocolate and cookies in the admission center (courtesy of Bangor Savings Bank). The event runs from 4:30 to 7:15 p.m. Downtown retailers will remain open late, and at 7:00 p.m. the Penobscot Bay Singers will perform a Christmas concert in the First Congregational Church.
The highlight of the evening will be a book signing featuring 9 Maine authors. They include:
- Gerry Boyle, Port City Black and White and Port City Shakedown (mystery)
- Nancy Griffin, Making Whoopies (cookbook)
- Fran Hodgkins, Andre the Famous Harbor Seal and Between the Tides (juvenile)
- Loretta Krupinski, Looking Astern: An Artist’s View of Maine’s Historic Working Waterfront (nonfiction/art)
- Eva Murray, Well Out to Sea (essays)
- Jim Nichols, Hull Creek (fiction)
- Angeli Perrow, Captain’s Castaway and Lighthouse Dog to the Rescue (juvenile)
- Ann Williamson, Maine Windjammer Cruises Cookbook (cookbook)
- Capt. Ray Williamson, Keeping the Tradition Alive (nonfiction/sailing)