Swordfishing Film at Block Island Historical Society
October 6, 2011
Elwin Dodge and other island fishermen will provide live commentary during the viewing of a 1926 film about swordfishing at the 2011 Annual Meeting of the Block Island Historical Society.
- Meeting: Monday, October 10, 2011
- Meeting Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Brunch: 10:30 a.m. – Noon
- Film Presentation: Following Brunch
Historical Society Information:
- The Block Island Historical Society houses permanent and special exhibits that chronicle Block Island’s past.
- Exhibits display the islands farming and maritime pasts. Many original pieces of furniture and historical artifacts furnish the society’s headquarters, an 1850 mansard-roof farmhouse thats well worth a visit.
- Admission: FREE (donations are encouraged)
- Hours of Operation: June 25-September 4, open daily 10am to 4pm; Sept.-June, weekends, 10am to 4pm.
- Block Island Historical Society
- 18 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
- (401) 466-2481