Tenants Harbor Names & Numbers
February 12, 2013
Charts: NOAA 13301
To reach Tenants Harbor, locate the G “1” bell, off the eastern tip of Southern Island in western Muscongus Bay. The harbor is deep (7’-39’) and free of obstructions all the way to the village landing, which has a 30-minute tie-up limit.
- There is no marina or boatyard in Tenants Harbor; however, mooring may be available via the Cod End Restaurant (see below). The nearest service and repair facilities can be found in nearby Thomaston.
- Long Cove, off the western shore of Northern Islands, offers a deep and well-protected spot in which to anchor, but beware the 2 rocks in the center of the cove. The entrance is marked by buoy R N “2”. Dinghies can be left at the village dinghy dock.
- A concrete ramp suitable for large boats can be found adjacent to the village dock at the end of Commercial Street off Rte. 131. There is limited parking, but trailer rigs can often be left at the Odd Fellows Hall parking lot on Watts Ave. CLICK HERE to view SAT map.
- Tenants Harbor General Store (207-372-6311)
- Harborside Market (207-372-8400)
- Cod End (207-372-6782); Lobster and fresh seafood in the rough next to the village dock.
- East Wind Inn (800-241-8439); Good food served in a charming inn on the harbor. Great place for breakfast!
- East Wind Inn (800-241-8439); Cozy, historic inn with great harbor views and a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Mars Hall Gallery (207-372-9996); Fine-art paintings, sculptures and more right in Tenants Harbor.
- Roseledge Books (blog); Small independent store selling books and art in Tenants Harbor.CLICK HERE for the website.