Westport River Day Set for Saturday June 10, 2017
June 5, 2017
This year’s popular Westport [MA] River Day will take place on Saturday, June 10, at the Town Landing at the historic Head of Westport, at the intersection of Drift Road and Old County Road. This event is free and open to the public and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Free parking at the Middle School and free shuttle provided by Whaling City Transit. The shuttle will make frequent runs to and from the Head Landing throughout the day.
The day will be filled with activities, live music, fun things for kids to see and do, lots of good food, farm animals, and interesting displays and exhibits. It all takes place on the banks of the Westport River.
June is National Rivers Month, and the Westport River Watershed Association is holding a special Membership Drive during the month. This is a great time to renew membership, or join, with half-priced memberships offered to first time members on River Day.
RIVER DAY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(Free all day)
- Shuttle to and from Middle School
- Fish T-shirt printing
- Face Painting
- Small Boat Building
- Stilts building
- Exhibits & Demonstrations
- Mini-Farmers Market
- Food and drinks available for purchase
- 10 a.m. History Tour of Head of Westport (starts at Bell School House)
- 10:30 Live Raptor Show by Marla Isaac
- Noon- River Day Poster Awards
- 12:15 The Gnomes on stage
- “A Day in the Life of the Sassafras Sisters,” an inside view of the Wampanoag Peoples’ daily activities. (ongoing)