Westport River Paddle Event Today
June 11, 2010
The weather looks great for today’s 6th annual River Run on the Westport River in southeastern Massachusetts. Hosted by the Westport River Watershed Alliance and Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures, the River Run begins at Hix Bridge and proceeds north on the East Branch of the Westport to the Head of the Westport.
- Divisions include kayak, canoe, rowboat and stand-up paddleboard.
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m., and the race kicks off at 9:30 a.m. beginning with the paddleboard division.
- The 6.5-mile Challenge Race starts at 10:00, while the 3.5-mile Family Fun Race starts at 10:30.
- Paddlers must be registered and submit to a mandatory safety check (participants must wear Type III PFDs and carry whistles and water pumps).
- Free shuttle bus service back to Hix Bridge is provided.
Entry fees (pre-registration):
- Members: $20 single; $30 double
- Nonmember: $25 single; $35 double
- (add $5 for race-day registration)
Kayaks and paddleboards can be rented at a discount from Osprey Sea Kayaks.
For more information contact the WRWA (508-636-3016).