2012 Norwalk Boat Show This Weekend
September 18, 2012
The 2012 Progressive Insurance Norwalk Boat Show will be held this weekend, September 20-23. The show will feature hundreds of new motor- and sailing yachts, sportfishermen, performance boats, sailboats and kayaks, plus the largest selection of marine accessories in the Northeast. There will also be a variety of activities for kids, including toy boatbuilding, gator catching, scuba diving, paddleboating and the opportunity to meet Dora the Explorer.
Dates & Times:
- Thursday – Sunday, September 20-23, 2012
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily
- Norwalk Cove Marina, 48 Calf Pasture Beach Rd., Norwalk, CT
- Watch alligator handler Jeff Quattrocchi subdue an 8’ gator with his bare hands (3 times a day, no less). Attendees will also get a chance to hold a baby gator. Shows daily at 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Try scuba in the heated DEMA “Be a Diver” pool. Kids 10 and older can discover the fun and exciting sport of scuba in a heated pool. A great way to try diving—plus participants can also get their photo taken underwater as a keepsake of their diving adventure.
- Kids can splash around and navigate a “mini lake” in their own paddleboat at the Show.
- Meet Nickelodeon’s Dora The Explorer. Dora will appear at the show Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Kids can get creative and build a one-of-a-kind boat using pieces of wood, a little glue, and a lot of imagination.
- No charge for Children 15 and under; $15 for adults.
- Discount Group Tickets; $3 discount per ticket; available for groups of 10-30
For the Norwalk Boat Show Twitter page CLICK HERE
For the Norwalk Boat Show Facebook page CLICK HERE
Follow New England Boating:
Don’t forget to sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Each month our emailed newsletter keeps you up to speed on the top news items, videos, destinations, reviews and fishing articles on New England Boating, so you won’t miss a beat. It’s convenient, it’s free, and you can opt out at any time!