2012 Salt Water Sportsman Seminar Series Comes to Maine!
March 6, 2012
Renowned outdoor writer and TV show host George Poveromo is bringing his acclaimed National Seminar Series to Maine for the first time in the show’s 25-year history.
Tickets for the March 10th event will go on sale the morning of the show beginning at 8:00 a.m. The 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. event will be held at the Westbrook Performing Arts Center at 471 Stroudwater Street in Westbrook, just west of Portland.
Poveromo is host of George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing, which airs weekly on the NBC Sports Network. He is also Editor-At-Large of Salt Water Sportsman magazine.
Joining Poveromo as host is Captain Barry Gibson, a well-known Maine tuna captain and striper guide with over 40 years experience in fishing New England waters. Gibson also served as Editor of Salt Water Sportsman for 25 years.
Other speakers include:
- Captain Keith Hall: Noted light-tackle striped bass and bluefish authority with over 35 years experience in fishing the waters in and around Scarborough and between the Portland Headlight and Wood Island in Saco.
- Captain Pete Morse: Veteran South Portland-based pro who specializes in fishing for tuna, sharks, and offshore groundfish, as well as striped bass and bluefish aboard his Teazer Charters.
- Pete Mourmouras: Noted authority on fishing along the Maine coast and in its offshore waters, and owner of Saco Bay Tackle
- Captain Joe Tufts: Distinguished Port Harbor-based expert on catching tuna, sharks and groundfish aboard his Rock N’Reel charter vessel. Tufts also specializes in fishing for striped bass and bluefish.
- Captain Garon Mailman: Veteran authority on fishing for striped bass and tuna with Hook’d Up Fishing Charters.
- Captain Niels Jacob: Premier Kennebunkport-based striped bass pro.
- Captain Jeff Smith: Noted Cape Cod-based light-tackle striped bass and tuna fishing guide.
- Captain Dick Pinney: Veteran coastal striped bass and bluefish authority.
Seminar courses will focus on: Live-baiting for trophy striped bass; Spinner-and-worm fishing for striped bass; Stripers on topwater lures; Diamond and flutter-jigging for striped bass and bluefish; Chunking for big striped bass; Trolling for striped bass; How to locate bluefish when they’re not plentiful; Bluefish on surface lures; Targeting jumbo bluefish; How to choose, rig and fish the most productive New England artificials; How to find and catch offshore cod, pollock and haddock, with bait and jigs; Flutter-jigging; Bluefin tuna on light tackle and artificial lures; No-nonsense bluefin tactics; Cutting edge tuna trolling patterns; How to create and troll a deadly offshore teaser system (dredges included); Live-chumming and live-baiting for tunas; Kite fishing for sharks and tunas; Hot methods for catching mako, blue, thresher and porbeagle sharks; Taking sharks on light-tackle; How to find and fish offshore temperature breaks.
$55 ticket price includes:
- course textbook
- 1-year subscription or extension to Salt Water Sportsman magazine
- 1 Roffers Ocean Fishing Forecast Analysis
- 1 bottle of OrPine Wash & Wax
- 1 spool of Sufix fishing line
- 1 bottle of Star Tron Fuel Treatment
- $20 off on any purchase of $150 or more from Capt. Harry’s Fishing Supply
- chances to win thousands of dollars worth of door prizes
Grand Prize Drawing: At the conclusion of the Maine seminar, there will be a drawing for a chance to win an incredible Bahamas bonefishing excursion to the Bimini Sands Resort and Marina. The winner will be drawn from the names of the show attendees, and 1 lucky person will win the trip for 2.
Super Grand Prize Drawing: The names of all attendees from the 2012 National Seminar Series Tour will be entered into the drawing for the Super Grand Prize: a new Mako 184 Center Console. The drawing for the boat will take place 1 week after the completion of the final seminar on the tour, and 1 lucky winner will take home the boat.
For more information: