2014 Hartford, CT, Dragon Boat Festival Coming Up
August 13, 2014
The 14th annual Riverfront Dragon Boat and Asian Festival will be held in Hartford, CT, on August 16 and 17, 2014. The event is a free, family-friendly event offering a unique celebration of Asian culture highlighted by the exciting sport of dragon boat racing.
Last year the festival hosted a record 93 teams and more than 2,300 athletes from local community organizations and throughout the Northeast. In addition to dragon boat racing, the expanded 2-day festival offers a variety of live Asian entertainment, abundant ethnic food, martial arts demonstrations, and authentic cultural programming.
Admission to the Asian Festival is free. Participation in the dragon boat races is fee-based.
- Festival: Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Racing: Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Vendors: Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Science Center/Riverfront Garage
- 250 Columbus Blvd. Hartford, CT 06103
- Science center will have a special rate of $7.00