2015 New England Boat Show Starts Now!
February 13, 2015
The 2015 Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show sails into the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center on February 14-22, giving boaters of all types and skill level more reasons to enjoy boating and the chance to fast forward to summer. Visitors can shop the newest boats, nautical gear and fishing accessories, and increase their boating knowledge at the new Progressive Boating School and at more than 100 free, educational seminars.
This year’s show has been expanded by 20%. to include more than 800 boats shown by dozens of industry-leading exhibitors, including 20 dealers new to the show. Exhibitors will display luxury motoryachts, fishing boats, performance boats, personal watercrafts, and dozens of sailboats and sailing yachts in the show’s popular SailFest section.
New England Boating Booth (#3724):
- Stop by the New England Boating booth to pick up your copy of the new Spring issue! Also, on display will be the Pursuit C 260 and the GMC Denali 2500 HD truck used in the filming of the 2015 season of New England Boating TV. Great prizes and swag from Bass Pro Shops, Shipyard Brewing, and other sponsors will be handed out all week long, and be sure to join the fun all Saturday (Feb. 14) for a Shipyard beer and ale tasting at booth 3724.
Boat Safety and Education:
- Boaters can boost their knowledge and skills at free seminars and informational clinics offering professional, hands-on advice on boat maintenance, boat upgrades, and safe boat operation. Advanced courses for experienced boaters will also be offered. Visit the show website for a complete schedule of seminar offerings.
New Progressive Boat School:
- Attendees have an opportunity to practice the fundamentals of boat handling and safety while having fun. Classes and seminars, which feature hands-on demos and simulations, are led by local top-notch boat education experts from the Annapolis School of Seamanship. Courses cover an array of topics including general boating safety, proper docking procedures, a boating simulation experience, dock-line handling and tips and tricks when on the water.
Boating Career Center:
- Due to the high-demand for boating industry professionals and boat technicians, the New England Boat Show will feature a new Career Center as part of the Show’s Discover Boating Center. The Center will provide information about jobs and educational opportunities in the boating industry.
Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center:
- Visitors can watch, learn and do at Fred’s Shed, where certified marine technicians provide practical advice for maintaining boats and motors. Free daily demonstrations, discussions, and hands-on clinics make Fred’s Shed a great boating resource, covering topics such as installing electronics and boat maintenance.
Family Fun and Entertainment:
The Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show makes a splash with family-friendly activities for skippers of all ages.
- Special Appearance by Dave Carraro of “Wicked Tuna”
Visitors can meet Captain Dave, the fiercely competitive captain of the FV-Tuna.com boat.
- Appearance schedule:
Friday, February 20: 1pm–3pm and 5pm–8pm
Saturday, February 21: 11am–1pm and 3pm–5pm
Sunday, February 22: Noon–2pm
Boating Skills Virtual Trainer:
- Practice a wide variety of boat handling and safety procedures including docking, moorings, pivot turns, emergency stops and more—all without getting wet! With sophisticated water physics, an expansive field of vision and actual boat controls, the “boat” reacts accurately to trim, current and wind, and day/night scenarios—all controllable by the driver.
- All-New Miss GEICO Offshore Race Boat: Visitors can get up close with the latest 50-foot Miss GEICO boat as it makes a pit stop at the Show while on its route to record setting championship race wins. The all-new and much lighter Miss GEICO Race Boat is a neon green catamaran made of carbon/kevlar and powered by twin 1075 Mercury racing engines equipped for reaching speeds of up to 170 mph.
Show Information and Details:
- Location: Boston Convention and Exhibition Center
- Dates: Saturday, February 14 – Sunday, February 22
- Show hours:
Sunday, February 15 11am–6pm
Monday, February 16, 10am-7pm
Tuesday– Friday 1pm–9pm
Sunday, February 22 11am–5:30pm
$15 for adults
FREE for kids 15 and under
Advance tickets can be purchased online
Group discount tickets can be purchased by contacting Mary Steen at (617) 472-1442 or firstname.lastname@example.org.